- This event has passed.
BVCA Diversity Forum
May 23, 2018
The BVCA’s inaugural Diversity Forum is on 23 May 2018 in London. A special offer is available for Diversity VC members.Diversity and inclusion of women, LGBT and minorities in our industry is a topical matter and this Forum has been designed so firms can hear the perspectives of their industry counterparts and HM Treasury.
In its response to the Patient Capital Review, HM Treasury has recognised the work of DiversityVC and has asked venture capital firms and EIS and VCT managers to sign the Women in Finance Charter. The Economic Secretary to the Treasury, John Glen MP will be at the forum to discuss the Charter and the request for our industry to sign it.
We have a packed agenda and highlights include:
- Level 20 and Diversity VC updates on their activities.
- Andrew Dowler (Blackstone), Zoe Lockwood (Cinven), David Mott (Oxford Capital) and Calum Paterson (BVCA Chair 2018/2019, Scottish Equity Partners) exploring how firms are approaching recruitment and retention.
- Wol Kolade (Livingbridge), Harry Briggs (BGF Ventures), Cheryl Potter (Permira and BVCA Vice Chair), Uniti Bhalla (STAR Capital Partnership) sharing insights on their careers.
- Helen Steers (Pantheon), Anu Adebajo (British Business Bank), Richard Clarke-Jervoise (Stonehage Fleming), Jim Strang (Hamilton Lane) providing the investors’ perspective.
- An audience interactive session on behaviour in the workplace hosted by Focal Point who featured in this week’s BBC programme on harassment.
- Recent research from the British Business Bank, the BVCA and Level 20.
Please e-mail Martin Punt at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to take advantage of the following offers:
- 1 place – discounted by 25%
- 3 places for £500+VAT for GPs and LPs and £995+VAT for all other firms.