Future vc 2021
Future VC is an internship and developmental programme which supports access to the Venture Capital industry.
As well as paid placements at some of the top funds in Europe and the US, participants attend a series of unique masterclasses given by industry leaders that cover key knowledge areas required in VC.
We also provide targeted personal developmental sessions equipping our interns with soft skills that will help them thrive in any professional role, VC or otherwise. Recruiting preparation with interview practice, networking sessions, presenting, and advice from VC executive search specialists is provided to help them find those roles.
Between the placements, masterclasses, personal development sessions, and preparation for job hunting we aim to equip our interns with a complete theoretical and practical understanding of what a career in VC involves and the skills needed to get started. Find out more at www.futurevc.com or click on Apply Now below to get started with your application form.
Funds that were involved last year
Industry talks and training
Two-month paid internship
Be part of supportive peer group
Coaching for recruitment processes
Present to an investment panel
Visit start-up hubs across the UK
Personal development opportunities and support
Build your network within VC and the start-up ecosystem
Impact in 2019
Confidence to work in VC
- 63% 63%
- 88% 88%
Understanding VC as a career
- 57% 57%
- 92% 92%
- 47% 47%
- 84% 84%
- 42% 42%
- 81% 81%
Masterclasses from 2019
- History of VC – Michael Tefula @michaeltefula
- Assessing Founders – Harry Briggs @H4ryB
- Fund Mechanics – Suranga Chandratillake @surangac
- Transaction Economics – Itxaso Del Palacio @ItxasoLondon
- Financial Modelling – Tara Reeves @tarareeves
- Due Diligence – Lillian Li @lillianmli
- Deep Dives Into New Sectors – Zoe Chambers @ZoeACastro
- My Journey Into Vc – Andy Ayim @AndysHVC & Leila Zegna @lrastegar
- How We Pick Teams – Akriti Dokania @akritidokania
- What’s Next – Aaron Archer @aaron_f_archer
- Building A Great Board – Fred Destin @fdestin
- Networking & Soft-Skills – Ulrika Werdelin, Holly Bennett, Noa Maxwell, Seth Pierrepont @slpierre
What attracted you to Future VC?
“Before I joined Seraphim Capital, I was told that “it is impossible to break into VC, especially for someone with your background”. This is a common misconception that hundreds of ambitious young professionals hold, especially if they come from diverse and underrepresented backgrounds. For this reason, Diversity VC was launched. The interns take part in a side project where they work with an early stage company to mirror the reality of the investor-founder relationships. Furthermore, the interns get to participate in 8 masterclasses offered by partners at London’s leading venture capital firms. As you can imagine, I was ecstatic to hear that I was selected to participate in the first cohort of the Future VC programme.”
– Hassan Sukkar, Seraphim Capital
What’s the most interesting thing you have learnt so far?
– Rumbi Makanga, Episode 1
What advice would you give to anyone looking to participate in the program next year?
– Rumbi Makanga, Episode 1
– Akash Bajwa
Eamonn Carey, TechStars
– Leah Martin, Episode 1
– Megumi Ikeda, Connect Ventures
– Rebecca Nordstrom-Manna, Highland Europe
– Eva Rez, Sky Startup Investments & Partnerships