Intern - 6 months
We are an early stage VC fund that invests in technical founders building brilliant business automation startups.
We’re looking for an intern to join our team for 6 months who is bright, capable and ready to get stuck into finding great startups, managing our digital marketing and is comfortable speaking to anyone. In return we’ll expose you to all aspects of sourcing, selecting and supporting our amazing portfolio.
As a digital native you must be super comfortable in any SaaS platform, or able to pick up quickly. From CRM to deal flow databases. You will also need to be able to write compelling content.
Location: Anywhere (Office is in London, when we head back)
Salary: You won’t be able to retire to Barbados
Hours: Regular’ish (flexible is fine, to a degree)
Start date: 15th March 2021 (lasting for 6 months)
Please send applications directly to Dan Bowyer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Headquartered in London and Stockholm, Oxx invests exclusively into European B2B SaaS companies at the scale-up stage. Founded in 2017 by Richard Anton and Mikael Johnsson (ex. Amadeus Capital Partners) and Robert Easton (ex. Carlyle), with a maiden fund of $133m, Oxx is fast becoming the ‘go-to’ investor for this segment of the market.
The role of an Investment Professional at Oxx spans the full investment cycle through origination, business plan analysis, due diligence, analysing interesting industry subsectors, executing transactions and assisting and monitoring portfolio companies.
Please send applications directly to Annie Wilson: email@example.com
Brands are being built differently and consumers continue to seek out products where you can see through the marketing to the actual maker. Davids are beating Goliaths. This is the space where we operate – working with a portfolio of entrepreneurs from across the world who are launching and growing the businesses which will reshape the drinks industry.
Distill Ventures (DV) is the world’s first accelerator dedicated to working with drinks brands. We are an independent company working exclusively with Diageo to support entrepreneurs.
We have a dynamic, collaborative, lean and progressive working environment which values strong opinions. We offer a combination of investment, mentoring and access to expertise – all in service of helping the founders of our portfolio companies grow their businesses to global scale.
All of our investments are in companies with a first-class founding team – and our job is to help them continue their growth. We do this in a number of ways – through mentoring, technical expertise around production and supply chains, business planning and growing a team.
With the growth in the portfolio, DV is looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic and motivated individual to fulfil the role of Investment Analyst. The successful candidate will be a key member of DV’s collaborative Finance & Investments team.
The responsibilities of the role include helping across all stages of the investment lifecycle from direct participation in the key stages of the investment process, performance analysis of DV’s existing portfolio and working alongside the start-up drinks brands of the future helping them build winning plans.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop and learn a broad range of finance and investment skills while gaining hands-on insight into the workings of FMCG start-ups.
• Assisting with all aspects of driving deals to completion including conducting basic due diligence on potential investees and working with our legal partners to coordinate the execution of legal documentation.
• Financial modelling including valuation analysis and cash flow statement analysis.
• Assisting in the review of investment asks and their impact on overall deal economics, collaborating with the wider DV team to validate business plans and preparing deal memos for decision makers.
• Liaising directly with portfolio companies to review and consolidate financial and KPI data to prepare monthly performance reports with insights and analysis for key stakeholders.
• Optimising and maintaining our database of historical financial, annual budget and KPI data.
• Assisting with the modelling of potential growth outcomes and risk factors for the DV portfolio as part of the annual planning process.
Experience and Skills
• 1-2 years of finance experience, ideally working in venture capital or in/with start-ups.
• Understanding of key financial concepts with strong financial and data modelling skills. Highly analytical and able to pull out key insights from financial data.
• Strong Excel skills.
• Keen to work in a diverse and vibrant start-up environment. Passionate about what we do and our values.
• Curious, ambitious and willing to take the initiative.
• Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team as well as independently with minimal oversight.
• Ability to navigate tight deadlines and manage competing priorities without comprising on attention to detail.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to relay complex information to difference audiences in a variety of formats.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and self-awareness. Being able to build relationships with both founders and key members of Diageo’s Business Development team.
• Humility and openness to other people and ideas.
Location: Based in London with ability for flexi-working.
Please send applications directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Investment Associate - Female Innovators Lab
Anthemis is at the center of a vibrant ecosystem of startups and financial institutions dedicated to reinventing financial services for the digital world. We are committed investors, thoughtful advisors, active conveners, and dedicated problem solvers who share a passion for technology and a belief in the transformative power of digital financial services.
We’re seeking a London-based Investment Associate to add to our venture building team. The successful candidate will be supporting a vehicle focused on female founders in the fintech space. The team will be tasked with developing new, digital-era concepts and ventures within the sectors.
Female Innovators Lab Vehicle Description
Anthemis’ Female Innovators Lab vehicle is focused on supporting female pre-seed companies and entrepreneurs. We will look to work with top tier women or companies who are in the early stages of developing an idea/business in the financial services industry, but aren’t quite sure how to begin and need support in terms of human and financial capital.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with a VC firm or experience playing a key role in a financial services technology startup or accelerator.
- Demonstrable understanding of, and interest in, technology and financial services.
- Strong interpersonal, writing, and presentation skills, with comfort sharing and supporting opinions and positions.
- Enthusiasm for working with ambitious entrepreneurs and an ability to foster creativity, communication and synergies between partners and companies.
- High degree of integrity, intellectually curious and team-oriented.
- Thrives in and actively seeks out diverse and dynamic environments.
- Advanced PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Appropriate working permit for UK, and based in London or the surrounding area.
The Insurtech Gateway is the fastest place to build and launch an insurtech start-up. We are a hybrid team of entrepreneurs, tech innovators and insurance experts. We look at problems from unusual angles and combine our breadth of knowledge to ﬁnd unique solutions.
We are now looking for an Analyst to join our London office. This person will help source, diligence, and debate investment ideas. This a position of enormous growth potential and requires an intellectually curious, organised, and highly motivated self-starter who wants to be challenged and stretched.
- Academic brilliance: Degree from an undergraduate university, or an equivalent demonstrator of your exceptional intellectual ability
- Relevant work experience: In entrepreneurship, investing, strategy, insurance, or another field that makes us excited that you would really add value to our team
- Strong analytical skills: The ability to analyse potential investment opportunities and spaces through qualitative and quantitative due diligence. You must be intellectually curious and able to think outside the box.
- Communication: Superior communication skills, both interpersonal and written
- Genuine passion: An understanding of the challenges of the startup journey, and a good general understanding of insurance, finance, and tech
- Energy and enthusiasm: A highly motivated self-starter with a ‘can-do’ attitude. You must thrive in a fast-paced environment and be comfortable outside your comfort zone
- Attention to detail: An unrelenting work ethic and relentless attention to detail
- Emotional intelligence: Strong communication, interpersonal and social skills, and an in interest in building long-lasting relationships
- Values and standards: Integrity, respect for others and a commitment to hold yourself to the highest standards
For the full job description use the link below and to be considered for this position, please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject ‘Analyst candidate – your name’.
Research & Data Associate
Eka Ventures is an early stage, UK based venture capital firm that invests in consumer
technology companies building a healthy, inclusive and sustainable economy.
We recently started deploying from our first fund, have made our first two investments and we
are now building the team to help us take Eka to the next level.
The Research & Data Associate role is a great opportunity for a data driven individual with a
passion for impact to play a major role in shaping our approach. The role requires someone who can combine highly technical data analysis with an ability to engage with senior leaders and turn complex analysis into insightful, actionably and easily
We believe the right person is likely to have at least two years post graduate experience in a high performance, high pace environment that requires the combination of technical data analysis and engaging with commercial leaders.
In the short term this role will be mainly remote but as life returns to normal we expect it will be in London at least 3 days per week.
For the full JD, please use the link below and to apply for the role please email Jon Coker (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your CV.
Associate for Europe
We are now actively looking to ramp up our European team. Our international perspective is key to what we do, and so we are focused on finding the right individual who is a self starter and open to travelling/working remotely, with frequent travel between key ecosystems in Europe, namely Germany, France and the UK.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Identifying opportunities for the firm and assisting in the analysis and evaluation of these opportunities
- Representing the firm in meetings with founders and at industry events
- Building and maintaining a European focused network
- Leading sector deep dives, building expertise and publishing content in our areas of focus
- Support in non-deal flow related tasks and projects
Sign up to our Newsletter
You'll receive quarterly updates and information about events.