Sign up to our Newsletter
You'll receive quarterly updates and information about events.
Venture Investment & Impact Analyst – London
Crisis is the national charity for homeless people. We know that homelessness is not inevitable. We know that together we can end it.
The Venture Studio supports, builds and invests in start-ups. We’re in fact a start-up within Crisis itself. We’re in full growth mode, building the future for social change within the charity sector.
About the Role
As Venture Investment & Impact Analyst in the Venture Studio, you will be responsible for assessing early-stage ventures and assess how each company ends homelessness and fits our investment thesis. You will also use your research expertise to proactively identify new opportunities within certain sectors for Venture Studio and help us broaden our investment thesis. You will work with other teams within Crisis and support the development of internal investment cases through detailed financial models and your general analysis skills. Working with the rest of the Venture Studio you will work to build a continuous pipeline of high-quality investment opportunities that can accelerate the end of homelessness.
If you have any questions about this role at all, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Venture Studio Manager. You can reach Felix by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be successful in this role you will have
- experience of assessing early-stage ventures and supporting a due diligence process
- experience doing sector research and presenting back insights in a useable format
- demonstrable ability to manage senior stakeholder to achieve a successful outcome
- a curious and inclusive nature
- good analytical skills
- a structured and organised approach to execution
We want Crisis to be an inclusive employer which then reflects our members and the communities we work in. We want to offer opportunities to everyone regardless of their gender, ethnicity, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age. We particularly welcome applications from people with lived experience of homelessness.
Data Scientist - London
Atomico is one of Europe’s largest venture capital firms founded in 2006 by Niklas Zennström. We are at the centre of the European technology ecosystem and are passionate about continuing to build that ecosystem, and partnering with the most ambitious, mission-driven founders building category-winners.
About the Role
We have an exciting new role at Atomico. We are now scaling our data-driven investment operations and hiring a dedicated data scientist to work in close collaboration with our Investment team and our existing in-house Engineering and Insights teams to support our investment operations with world-class, data-driven intelligence.
The role will have responsibility for defining and guiding the implementation (in collaboration with our Engineering and Insights teams) of how we use data to generate signals that support our investment operations, including pipeline management for new investments, as well as monitoring of our existing portfolio.
If you want to be part of a team committed to partnering with game-changing founders, consciously scaling companies in the pursuit of solving world problems at scale, then Atomico is the place for you. You will be joining a Company which is mission-driven and principles-led, with a one-team approach to converting opportunities and creating value, whilst contributing meaningfully to a better future.
Associate - London
About the Role
- Identifying and assessing new investment opportunities whilst forming relationships with the most talented entrepreneurs all over Europe.
- Having an unrivalled level of autonomy and responsibility in the end-to-end process of investing in early-stage ventures – from sourcing and championing deals internally, to closing and closely supporting companies post-investment
- Immersing yourself in sectors or technologies of interest to you and becoming the internal subject matter expert in the areas you are passionate about. Your opinions will carry significant weight in our investment decisions.
- Liaising directly with our extended network of founders and experts (Experts in Residence, Venture Partners, Mentors) to make impactful connections. We also encourage and expect you to build your own network within the early stage tech community – from founders and operators to angels and other VCs – and to leverage that network to provide an unfair advantage to the founders we back.
- Gaining on-the-job experience as well as more structured learning across all facets of the firm. We pride ourselves on having an extremely high-performing team where you can build a real career in venture and we have a track record of promoting our best people up through the ranks.This is a unique opportunity to join our Investment Team of six as we invest in and support the next generation of world-class entrepreneurial talent. By joining us, you’ll be able to expect some of the following:
- You have 2-3+ years of commercial experience in a field that reflects your genuine interest for technology – this could include (but is not limited to) founder/product/operational roles in fast-growing startups, previous VC or PE experience, M&A or strategy consulting
- Perhaps you’ve built a product/company or led on a tech-related side hustle you’re able to tell us about. We’re far more interested in demonstrable intellectual curiosity and a genuine passion for the world of technology than we are in top university degrees.
- You’re a self-starter who thrives in navigating uncertain, fast-paced environments. There is often no single right answer in the work you’ll be doing and you’ll have to get comfortable making quick decisions with limited information and with little direction.
- You’re an independent, highly analytical thinker. You like to form your own views by digging deeper to understand things beyond the surface level. You’re not afraid to think outside mainstream opinion and challenge the status quo
- You have incredible attention to detail. You approach problems in a data-driven manner and you constantly have an eye open for where internal processes can be refined.
- You’re a tech-savvy digital-native. You enjoy trying out new apps and software before anyone else (and you maybe even want to build your own in the future!).
- You’re a collaborative team player who loves working with others and who excels at building genuine relationships with a wide range of people. We love those who have unique personalities with a high degree of self-awareness.
Unfortunately, we cannot provide sponsorship and so can only consider candidates who have the right to work in the UK.
Investment Intern - London
- Support origination activities, including conducting desktop research and attending industry events to build relationships across the start-up ecosystem;
- Support development of an internal network within BAT to source deals;
- Maintain a pipeline tracker of potential investment opportunities;
- Evaluate deals through a process of commercial, financial and technical due diligence using a pre-defined framework;
- Develop templates articulating key information of proposed investments for business sponsorship;
- Build financial models and use financial valuation methodologies to assess company valuation, funding requirements, and structures for potential investments.
- Support the Investment Principal, Investment Manager and Investment Associates in development of investment cases for new opportunities to be presented to the Investment Committee for approval.
- Interest in working with start-ups;
- Basic financial modelling understanding;
- Familiarity with VC process and key terms used in the negotiation and structuring of transactions;
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to solve challenges in a logical way;
- Ability to think critically;
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment and deliver under pressure and tight timelines;
- Highly collaborative with the ability to work in a team-oriented mind-set;
- A self-starter able to operate with limited need for close supervision or guidance;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to build effective relationships;
- Ideally initial past professional experience (from another VC fund, investment bank or Big 4 Transaction Services preferred).
If you are interested in the role, please send your CV to email@example.com
Analyst - London
The Analyst will report to the Lightspeed Europe GP and be responsible for supporting the entire Lightspeed Europe investment team by triaging inbound investment opportunities, performing financial analysis, modelling, and help the investment team make decisions. The role will assist with research, preparing for meetings with founders, reviewing portfolios of VC firms we partner with, preparing investment memos, due diligence, and other items that come up from time to time.
• Synthesise financial and company data, and share insights with the investment team
• Perform market research
• Prepare memos and other written materials
• Triage inbound investment opportunities
• Organise CRM data for weekly pipeline reviews
• Other data requests
• Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline with strong academic results
• Deep proficiency in financial concepts
• Expert level spreadsheet modelling skills
• Strong work ethic and attention to detail
• Venture capital or other investment experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We will not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, marital status, disability, age, sexual orientation or religion.
If you are interested in the role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Venture Investment Manager – London and Remote
We invest in venture because we see the social impact potential in technology. We believe tech-enabled companies can deliver transformative impact in the right context and with the right intent behind them. We firmly believe impact can be a competitive advantage if done really well, and can drive both financial and impact returns for investors.
Our work in venture is one of Big Society Capital’s major areas of focus over the next 5 years, building on an existing portfolio of more than a dozen venture funds to drive systemic change. This role will be an integral part of a small and fast-moving team working to deliver that change.
We are seeking to appoint an exceptional candidate as an Investment Manager with an initial focus on our venture capital investments. This role will help us deliver transformative social change through investments in impact venture funds that support mission-driven startups.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with impact drive looking for their first job in venture or with a few years of venture experience.
This role will involve engaging with fund managers and startups, drawing out learning from our portfolio, and helping shape our future investment activities. You will learn about the venture ecosystem and the ways venture investment can deliver impact – ultimately helping Big Society Capital further our purpose to improve people’s lives in the UK.
Venture Analyst - London
The Clean Growth Fund (CGF) is a venture capital fund that invests in early-stage innovative climate tech companies. The Fund’s size is now £60 million and we are targeting £100 million by end 2021. CGF has three LP investors: UK government’s Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, CCLA Investment Management and Strathclyde Pension Fund, who have each committed £20m to the Fund. The Fund strengthens the UK’s world-leading green finance capabilities by pooling public and private capital to invest in new, early-stage clean technology ventures.
CGF will make commercial returns for its LPs by investing in innovations that reduce greenhouse gas emissions or improve resource efficiency across power, transport, industry, buildings, waste and water sectors. The Fund is aiming for a balanced portfolio across clean growth sectors and software, hardware and business model innovations. CGF benefits from investment advisory services and incubation support from Carbon Limiting Technologies a consultancy firm specialising in supporting corporates, innovators, investors and the public sector to commercialise clean technologies.
CGF is seeking a Venture Analyst to join a growing investment team at our London Office.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Contributing to the investment process in the form of sourcing opportunities, conducting due diligence (meeting founders, evaluating companies and discussing opportunities with relevant industry experts) and working with colleagues to write investment recommendations and complete investments.
- Carrying out deep dives in to target market sectors and companies and producing thoroughly researched reports.
- Monitoring, tracking, and building relationships with companies relevant to our themes.
- Managing the Fund relationship with portfolio companies including providing direct strategic support and coordinating other available support.
- Contributing to thought leadership pieces on climate technology and early-stage investing.
If you are interested please send a CV to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instead of a cover letter please include a one-page submission (total) that includes concise answers to these three questions:
- How have your experiences prepared you for this role?
- What is the most exciting clean technology start-up in the UK today and why?
- What would success in this role look like for you?